When I climbed
there was inscribed
the name of the climber
who was a step ahead of me..
In the dizzying heights
with my body paining with frost bytes
I tried to remain sane
inspite of the feat that I had attained
I was the climber who had scaled it second
not the first by which the people would have reckoned
my efforts to be the same as his
and the adulation that I will miss
for the bad timing that I had
as a result I was clad
naked in front of what he had achieved
same as mine;but I stand bereaved.
As newspaper flashes his name
even a month after he had shot to fame
And I don't know why
I am not talked about
even after being so devout
I don't know what sin have I committed
that cant be remitted
so that I can restore my pride
which till date has been denied...
No comments:
Post a Comment