Saturday, March 30, 2013

Tears Roll by


Walking down the street,
With my lonely feet.
They move here and there,
As they have no place to reach.
A sweat escapes my face,
And I watch it roll by,
It’s like a ball in the open Isle.
The clouds have shifted close by,
And the rain starts to fill the drain.
I see the beggar cleaning the street thoroughly,
As he has no legs,which could hold him high.
Seeing the men not willing to get wet,
The beggar has a heartfelt laugh,
Which too is wet, with the times gone by.
His heart shown through his eyes,
Which have rained just a little way behind.
A penny dropped into the beggar’s hat,
Shines in the morning sky.
I feel pity and drop a coin,
From the pocket of my suit.
Some drops from my drenched coat,
Fall into the little fellow’s eye.
I think that he is again crying,
Not willing to live in a world,
Which can't afford to give him,
A single night, with his eyes dry...

No comments:

Post a Comment