Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Day I Didn't sleep


As the day progresses into night,
and the sky glows in a brilliant white.
I remember them,as they speak to me,
through the air I breathe
and the sound coming from the trees.
The fragrance of the lilly,
the shape of the moon
the pebbles on the ground
and myself,head held above
as i marvel the mystic
of what meets my eye.
The sight of a twig falling on the grass,
and the plight of the cloud
which holds back its tears
till i take in,what enthralls me.
The wild mushrooms warning me not to pluck them,
and the woods seducing me to sleep under their shade.
The semi clad snail waking up at my sight,
and the owl,getting ready for a quick bite.
The flowers which slept under my sight,
and the rose which fell saying good night.
Mesmerized by all this,
I take up my pen and start to write.
The first word stops in its path,
as i see a branch fall from its shaft.
As though telling me,
that its to early for it to be cut again.
The day its elder bore the blunt,
was a day before;as i could still hear their grunt
And the page i wrote in,
made it remember its past
which would last,engraved deep within its base,
as its first experience with the human race...

No comments:

Post a Comment